Discover an elevated state of mind by simply not eating for 48h and drop 5 pounds!
We are all aware of the increasing popularity of intermittent fasting, where you go – leangains protocol – 16h without calories. But did you ever try 48h?
No doubt about it! IF or intermittent fasting is a powerful tool. Not a diet, but a tool. You skip breakfast each day and eat two meals, the first around 1pm and the second around 8pm. Then, you fast for 16 hours until the next day at 1pm. Pretty simple with massive impact on insulin resistance, glycogen depletion and of course elevated fat burning, hence weight loss.
But…what if you went a step further? and didn’t consume any calories for 48h? What would be the impact of such an experiment?
We tried, here’s what we experienced
- Start at 18:00 after a BIG FAT CARB-UP FEAST
- Already used to 16h IF, the first 20h were like a walk in the park
- After 20h hunger pangs kicked in bad, really bad, consumed a lot of sparkling soda to blend the hunger. Difficult moment there…
- 23:00, Went to bed with stomach growling, but slept pretty dam good
- 07:00, Awake and… wow, TRANSCENDENCE! gone hunger, extremely energetic, elevated sensory perception, a true natural high
- Mindblowing morning workout, very productive day, processed tons of work, towards the 48h barrier the natural high went up even higher! Impressive!
- 18:00 – 48h barrier. consumed 0 calories, only soda and black coffee…Still not hungry, but gotta break that fast eventually…
- 18:30 consumed a light dinner…did not even finish my plate, no urge to binge.
Marvellous experiment and experience.
I now have a better understanding of how anorexic patients maintain their capacity of non eating. Once they break the 24h plateau, eating becomes obsolete somehow. Result of the secretion of adrenaline and a bunch of hormones that desperately want to keep u alive 🙂 We will collect the medical studies/publications and publish them on the site! stay tuned.
Curious? give it shot! but don’t forget to start eating again? and do consult your GP before embarking on this poor man’s journey 🙂 An do share your experience below! Good luck