It’s only natural to want a sculpted body. Muscular lean people will be treated with more respect…At first ofc
Unfortunately your body will only add new muscle tissue to its frame if you give it a reason to do so. Afflict the same amount of stress for the same amount of time, and your body has no reason to adapt… your current muscle mass is doing a great job as it is. Remember, your body loves homoeostasis (it does not like change).
Avoiding Noobie Dead-End Mistakes
- Focus on exercises that allow you to handle the most weight, aka doing compound exercises
- Forget about isolation exercises, they are a waste of energy
- Hypertrophy (muscle build process) loves volume (8-12 rep range for 6-10 sets)
- Muscle is build when you’re resting (anabolic state), NOT when you’re working out (catabolic state)
- Don’t neglect recuperation periods (torn muscle tissue needs repair)
- Anabolic hormones like HGH and testosterone are secreted in greater quantities while sleeping
- Eat the right amount of Protein. 0.8g per pound of bodyweight is sufficient (supplement companies claim otherwise :))
- Don’t ban fats, they are the building blocks of our hormones
- Carbs keep us sane, and our brain happy, but consume in moderation
Popular compound exercises include: squats, bench press, dips, lunges, pull ups, deadlifts, rows and shoulder press. You don’t need anything else.
Gradualy increase stress placed upon the body
if showing up to the gym was enough, everyone would be greek-god like. Don’t forget to gradualy increase stress placed upon the body during exercise training. More stress equals more adaptation and more muscle tissue! Train, eat, rest 🙂